Welcome! Explore Our Store
Step inside our family store in Kittery, Maine for an outdoor experience on a lot of levels!
OUR MAIN LEVEL
Outdoor Clothing & Footwear • Gifts & Collectibles • Handmade Fudge Shop
Explore a wide selection of casual apparel, accessories & outerwear from well-known outdoor clothing brands such as KUHL • THE NORTH FACE • MARMOT • CARHARTT • COLUMBIA • HELLY HANSEN • AVALANCHE • ROYAL ROBBINS • ARBORWEAR • TOAD&CO • WOOLRICH • SMARTWOOL • PRANA • LIFE IS GOOD • PATAGONIA • BERNE • MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR • GRUNDENS & more.
Indulge in a favorite flavor of handmade fudge or nosh on some freshly roasted nuts from our fudge shop located in the center of the store. KTP has an eclectic collection of Maine-inspired gifts, souvenirs & specialty items for home & hearth, including gourmet foods made right here in Maine.
Whether it’s replacing a well-worn pair of work boots, bummin’ around the beach or hiking the trails, our footwear selection will not disappoint! Browse and try on sandals, shoes & boots from MERRELL, BIRKENSTOCK, KEEN, JAMBU, SPERRY, TEVA, CROCS, OLUKAI, OOFOS, HOKA ONE ONE, SALOMON, OBOZ, ASOLO, DANSKO, BORN, TAOS, NEW BALANCE, ASICS, TOMS & CLARKS! Our line-up is as diverse & indepth as the brands we offer.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Seasonal Specialty Sports & Related Apparel
For fun under the sun, hike upstairs for the newest arrivals of spring/summer specialty apparel & accessories. Browse tops, tanks, shirts, shorts, swimwear & more from VINEYARD VINES, JOHNNIE-O, O’NEIL, BOGNER, CARVE DESIGNS, HENRI LLOYD, IMSY SWIMWEAR, PARTY PANTS, TOES ON THE NOSE & NEW BALANCE.
KTP’s staff of passionate paddlers & outdoor enthusiasts will gladly assist you in finding the dreamboat of your choice along with the paddling apparel, accessories & THULE, YAKIMA or MALONE transport system to take you to the water. Shop kayaks, canoes, paddleboards from WILDERNESS SYSTEMS, OLD TOWN, EDDYLINE, CURRENT DESIGNS, PELICAN, NRS, BIC to name only a few.
If you prefer your outdoor activities take place on land, then enjoy camping, backpacking & traveling with gear from THE NORTH FACE, MOUNTAINSMITH, OSPREY, EAGLE CREEK, EUREKA & YETI. And for your four-legged best friend accompanying you on your adventures, check out our wide selection of RUFFWEAR & KURGO speciality apparel & toys.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Shooting Sports & Related Accessories
For over 79 years, "The Post", as the locals call us, has been a hunting tradition & outdoor destination for the most extensive selection of brand-name shooting sports gear in New England. A visit to The Post BEFORE a hunt would involve stocking up on hunting supplies for the trip, while a visit AFTER the hunt would often involved acquiring gifts & souvenirs to bring home to family & friends. It's a tradition we happily continue to this day.
On our hunter acclaimed upper level, we take pride in offering a tremendous selection of New & Used FIREARMS, Stock & Hard-to-Find AMMUNITION, Riflescopes & Sports OPTICS, Equipment & Components for RELOADING, Portable & Freestanding SAFES, Sport-specific CAMO CLOTHING, Trap, Clay & Target ACCESSORIES, Compound & Recurve BOWS, Hunting & Target ARROWS, Portable & Ladder Style TREESTANDS, Folding & Fixed-Blade KNIVES, Hunting & Recreational Shooting ACCESSORIES.
OUR LOWER LEVEL
Fishing Tackle & Related Accessories
Our entire downstairs level is dedicated to all things fishing! Brand name rods, reels, combos, lines, lures, electronics & tackle accessories for lake, pond, stream, river & big water fishing--even LIVE bait!
Shop our diverse, complete selection of fly fishing and fly tying gear, including over 1,500 different sizes and patterns of flies sure to satisfy both novice & experienced fly fishers.
Get answers to your terminal & tackle questions, along with tips & advice from our dedicated staff of hard-core anglers.
During open water fishing season, KTP offers a series of beginning & advance fly casting seminars to develop or fine-tune your fishing skills. Visit our events section for details on all our upcoming seminars & events.
No matter the season or reason, count on our staff of fellow outdoor enthusiasts for the resources, knowledge & personal service to make your visit to Kittery and your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
STORE HOURS & AMENITIES
Store Hours -
- Monday-Saturday, 9-9
- Sunday, 10-6
Holiday Hours 2018 -
- Thanksgiving Day, Thu, Nov 22: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve, Mon, Dec 24: 9-5
- Christmas Day, Tue, Dec 25: CLOSED
- New Year's Eve, Mon, Dec 31: 9-6
- New Year's Day, Tue, Jan 1, 2019: 10-6
Onsite Services Available -
- Picnic Area
- Seasonal Outdoor Eatery - The Lobster Pot
- ATM Service
- Outside Dog Kennels: Complimentary
- Maine Hunting Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine Fishing Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine ATV & Snowmobile Registration: Resident Renewals & Non-Resident
- Maine Milfoil Sticker: Non-Resident Only
- Bike Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
- Ski Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
Order from our Retail Store -
- Phone: 888-587-6246
- Fax: 207-439-8001
- Mail: Kittery Trading Post, PO Box 904, 301 U.S. Route One, Kittery, ME 03904
- American Express, MasterCard, VISA & Discover cards accepted.
Return Policy -
- Refund form of payment - within 30 days & with sales receipt. (Id required on refunds over $75.00)
- Store credit or exchange - after 30 days or without sales receipt.
- No cash refund on Gift Cards or Credit Bonds
Customer Hold/Deposit Policy -
- Minimum 20% deposit required on items
- 30 day hold period (60 day on Firearms)
- No service/finance charges
- Store credit only on expired or cancelled holds
- Sale/advertised merchandise excluded
Methods of Payment -
- Cash or Travelers Checks
- All Major Credit Cards (American Express,VISA, MasterCard, Discover)
- Canadian Currency accepted at current Exchange Rates
- Personal Checks (see check policy below)
Check Policy -
- Checks must be made out to “Kittery Trading Post”.
- Driver’s license or state issued non-driver ID required.
- Physical address must be on check.
- No starter checks accepted.
There is a $20.00 Service Charge on all Returned Checks