Welcome! Explore Our Store
Step inside our family store in Kittery, Maine for an outdoor experience on a lot of levels!
OUR MAIN LEVEL
Outdoor Clothing & Footwear • Gifts & Collectibles • Handmade Fudge Shop
Explore a wide selection of casual apparel, accessories & outerwear from well-known outdoor clothing brands such as KUHL • THE NORTH FACE • MARMOT • CARHARTT • COLUMBIA • HELLY HANSEN • UGG • ROYAL ROBBINS • ARBORWEAR • TOAD&CO • WOOLRICH • SMARTWOOL • PRANA • LIFE IS GOOD • PATAGONIA • IBEX • MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR • CUDDL DUDS & more.
Indulge in a favorite flavor of handmade fudge or nosh on some freshly roasted nuts from our fudge shop located in the center of the store. KTP has an eclectic collection of Maine-inspired gifts, souvenirs & specialty items for home & hearth, including gourmet foods made right here in Maine.
Whether it’s replacing a well-worn pair of work boots or stepping out on the town, our footwear selection will not disappoint! Browse and try on boots & shoes from BOGS, SOREL, KAMIK, MERRELL, HUNTER, KEEN, CHIPPEWA, CAROLINA, RED WING, UGG, DANSKO, BORN, TAOS, FRYE, DINGO, TOMS & CLARKS. Our line-up is as diverse & indepth as the brands we offer.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Seasonal Specialty Sports & Related Apparel
Hike upstairs to this season’s new winter arrivals of specialty apparel & accessories from CANADA GOOSE, PARAJUMPERS, TONI SAILER, BOGNER FIRE + ICE, M. MILLER, SPYDER, J. LINDEBERG, PAJAR, SAVE THE DUCK, ARC’TERYX, ODD MOLLY, DESCENTE, OBERMEYER & MOOSE KNUCKLES.
KTP’s staff of avid (if not rabid!) & experienced winter sports enthusiasts will gladly assist in finding the proper ski or snowboard gear from ROSSIGNOL, K2, STOCKLI, ATOMIC, NORDICA, BURTON, FISCHER, VOLKL, DALBELLO, OAKLEY, GIRO & more. From alpine & nordic skis, boots & snowboards for novice & advanced skiers to snowshoes, winter camping supplies, skates & sleds for the kiddos, it’s all here on the store’s upper level.
For those not-so-hearty souls looking to go south for the winter, journey in comfort & style with backpacking & travel gear from THE NORTH FACE, MOUNTAINSMITH, OSPREY, EAGLE CREEK, EUREKA, THULE & YETI. There’s even an area of specialty RUFFWEAR & KURGO apparel & toys for your four-legged best friend.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Shooting Sports & Related Accessories
For over 79 years, "The Post", as the locals call us, has been a hunting tradition & outdoor destination for the most extensive selection of brand-name shooting sports gear in New England. A visit to The Post BEFORE a hunt would involve stocking up on hunting supplies for the trip, while a visit AFTER the hunt would often involved acquiring gifts & souvenirs to bring home to family & friends. It's a tradition we happily continue to this day.
On our hunter acclaimed upper level, we take pride in offering a tremendous selection of New & Used FIREARMS, Stock & Hard-to-Find AMMUNITION, Riflescopes & Sports OPTICS, Equipment & Components for RELOADING, Portable & Freestanding SAFES, Sport-specific CAMO CLOTHING, Trap, Clay & Target ACCESSORIES, Compound & Recurve BOWS, Hunting & Target ARROWS, Portable & Ladder Style TREESTANDS, Folding & Fixed-Blade KNIVES, Hunting & Recreational Shooting ACCESSORIES.
OUR LOWER LEVEL
Fishing Tackle & Related Accessories
Our entire downstairs level is dedicated to all things fishing! Brand name rods, reels, combos, lines, lures, electronics & tackle accessories for lake, pond, stream, river or big water fishing--even frozen bait for saltwater fishing! Shop our diverse, complete selection of fly fishing and fly tying gear, including over 1,500 different sizes and patterns of flies sure to satisfy both novice & experienced anglers.
We have gear for the hard water fishing enthusiast too. Starting in January and continuing through the spring, KTP offers a series of fly tying and ice fishing seminars for year-round, hard-core fishing addicts!
Visit our events section for details on all our upcoming seminars & events.
No matter the season or reason, count on our staff of fellow outdoor enthusiasts for the resources, knowledge & personal service to make your visit to Kittery and your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
STORE HOURS & AMENITIES
Store Hours -
- Monday-Saturday, 9-9
- Sunday, 10-6
Holiday Hours 2017 -
- Thanksgiving Day, Thu, Nov 23: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve, Sun, Dec 24: 9-5
- Christmas Day, Mon, Dec 25: CLOSED
- New Year's Eve, Sun, Dec 31: 10-6
- New Year's Day, Mon, Jan 1, 2018: 10-6
Onsite Services Available -
- Picnic Area
- Seasonal Outdoor Eatery
- ATM Service
- Outside Dog Kennels: Complimentary
- Maine Hunting Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine Fishing Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine ATV & Snowmobile Registration: Resident Renewals & Non-Resident
- Maine Milfoil Sticker: Non-Resident Only
- Bike Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
- Ski Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
Order from our Retail Store -
- Phone: 888-587-6246
- Fax: 207-439-8001
- Mail: Kittery Trading Post, PO Box 904, 301 U.S. Route One, Kittery, ME 03904
- American Express, MasterCard, VISA & Discover cards accepted.
Return Policy -
- Refund form of payment - within 30 days & with sales receipt. (Id required on refunds over $75.00)
- Store credit or exchange - after 30 days or without sales receipt.
- No cash refund on Gift Cards or Credit Bonds
Customer Hold/Deposit Policy -
- Minimum 20% deposit required on items
- 30 day hold period (60 day on Firearms)
- No service/finance charges
- Store credit only on expired or cancelled holds
- Sale/advertised merchandise excluded
Methods of Payment -
- Cash or Travelers Checks
- All Major Credit Cards (American Express,VISA, MasterCard, Discover)
- Canadian Currency accepted at current Exchange Rates
- Personal Checks (see check policy below)
Check Policy -
- Checks must be made out to “Kittery Trading Post”.
- Driver’s license or state issued non-driver ID required.
- Physical address must be on check.
- No starter checks accepted.
There is a $20.00 Service Charge on all Returned Checks