Welcome! Explore Our Store
Step inside our family store in Kittery, Maine for an outdoor experience on a lot of levels!
OUR MAIN LEVEL
Apparel, Footwear & Accessories • Gifts & Collectibles • Handmade Fudge Shop
Explore a wide selection of casual apparel, accessories & outerwear from well-known outdoor clothing brands such as KUHL • THE NORTH FACE • MARMOT • CARHARTT • COLUMBIA • HELLY HANSEN • HABITAT • ROYAL ROBBINS • ARBORWEAR • TOAD&CO • SMARTWOOL • PRANA • LIFE IS GOOD • PATAGONIA • BERNE • MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR • DARN TOUGH • COOLIBAR • TILLEY & more.
Indulge in a favorite flavor of handmade fudge or nosh on some freshly roasted nuts from our fudge shop located in the center of the store. KTP has an eclectic collection of Maine-inspired gifts, souvenirs & specialty items for home & hearth, including gourmet foods made right here in Maine.
Whether it’s replacing a well-worn pair of hikers or stepping out on the town, our footwear selection will not disappoint! Browse and try on sandals, shoes & boots from BIRKENSTOCK, MERRELL, KEEN, SPERRY, TEVA, OLUKAI, REEF, VANS, GARMONT, ADIDAS & DANSKO to name just a few. Our line-up is as diverse & indepth as the brands we offer.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Seasonal Specialty Sports & Related Apparel
KTP's staff of avid (if not rabid!) & experienced outdoor sports enthusiasts will gladly assist in finding the proper gear for your favorite summertime activities. From kayaks, canoes, SUPs to boogie boards, PFDs and THULE, YAKIMA or MALONE transport systems to carry it all, find it on KTP's upper level.
Outfit yourself in specialty apparel & accessories from CANADA GOOSE, VINEYARD VINES, JOHNNY WAS, JOHNNIE-O, SOUTHERN TIDE, CARVE DESIGNS & O'NEIL.
Journey in comfort & style with backpacking & travel gear from THE NORTH FACE, OSPREY, EAGLE CREEK, CAMELBAK, FJALLRAVEN & YETI.
Browse our selection of backpacking & family tents, shelters & screen houses from THE NORTH FACE, PATAGONIA, TEPUI TENTS, MARMOT, EUREKA, YAKIMA & GAZELLE TENTS.
And don't forget to check out our wide selection of RUFFWEAR, PLANET DOG & KURGO specialty apparel & toys for that four-legged canine companion accompanying you on your adventures.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Shooting Sports & Related Accessories
For over 80 years, "The Post", as the locals call us, has been a hunting tradition & outdoor destination for the most extensive selection of brand-name shooting sports gear in New England. A visit to The Post BEFORE a hunt would involve stocking up on hunting supplies for the trip, while a visit AFTER the hunt would often involved acquiring gifts & souvenirs to bring home to family & friends. It's a tradition we happily continue to this day.
On our hunter acclaimed upper level, we take pride in offering a tremendous selection of New & Used FIREARMS, Stock & Hard-to-Find AMMUNITION, Riflescopes & Sports OPTICS, Equipment & Components for RELOADING, Portable & Freestanding SAFES, Sport-specific CAMO CLOTHING, Trap, Clay & Target ACCESSORIES, Compound & Recurve BOWS, Hunting & Target ARROWS, Portable & Ladder Style TREESTANDS, Folding & Fixed-Blade KNIVES, Hunting & Recreational Shooting ACCESSORIES.
OUR LOWER LEVEL
Fishing Tackle & Related Accessories
Our entire downstairs level is dedicated to all things fishing! Brand name rods, reels, combos, lines, lures, electronics & tackle accessories for lake, pond, stream, river & big water fishing--even LIVE bait! Find all the tackle gear & accessories you need to enjoy fishing year-round...winter, spring, summer & fall.
Shop our diverse, complete selection of fly fishing and fly tying gear, including over 1,500 different sizes and patterns of flies sure to satisfy both novice & experienced fly fishers.
Browse our huge inventory of quality tackle from SHIMANO, DAIWA, PENN, 13 FISHING, ST. CROIX, OKUMA & YOZURI to name just a few.
Get answers to your terminal & tackle questions, along with tips & advice from our dedicated staff of hard-core anglers.
KTP offers a series of fly tying & fly casting seminars as well as species-specific fishing seminars throughout the year. Visit our events section for details on all our upcoming seminars & events.
No matter the season or reason, count on our staff of fellow outdoor enthusiasts for the resources, knowledge & personal service to make your visit to Kittery and your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
STORE HOURS & AMENITIES
Store Hours -
- Monday-Saturday, 9-9
- Sunday, 10-7
Holiday Hours 2019 -
- Thanksgiving Day, Thu, Nov 28: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve, Tue, Dec 24: 9-5
- Christmas Day, Wed, Dec 25: CLOSED
- New Year's Eve, Tue, Dec 31: 9-6
- New Year's Day, Wed, Jan 1, 2020: 10-6
Onsite Services Available -
- Picnic Area
- Seasonal Outdoor Eatery: Lobster Pot Menu 2019
- ATM Service
- Outside Dog Kennels: Complimentary
- Maine Hunting Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine Fishing Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine ATV & Snowmobile Registration: Resident Renewals & Non-Resident
- Maine Milfoil Sticker: Non-Resident Only
- Bike Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
- Ski Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
Order from our Retail Store -
- Phone: 888-587-6246
- Fax: 207-439-8001
- Mail: Kittery Trading Post, PO Box 904, 301 U.S. Route One, Kittery, ME 03904
- American Express, MasterCard, VISA & Discover cards accepted.
Return Policy -
- Refund form of payment - within 30 days & with sales receipt. (Id required on refunds over $75.00)
- Store credit or exchange - after 30 days or without sales receipt.
- No cash refund on Gift Cards or Credit Bonds
Customer Hold/Deposit Policy -
- Minimum 20% deposit required on items
- 30 day hold period (60 day on Firearms)
- No service/finance charges
- Store credit only on expired or cancelled holds
- Sale/advertised merchandise excluded
Methods of Payment -
- Cash or Travelers Checks
- All Major Credit Cards (American Express,VISA, MasterCard, Discover)
- Canadian Currency accepted at current Exchange Rates
- Personal Checks (see check policy below)
Check Policy -
- Checks must be made out to “Kittery Trading Post”.
- Driver’s license or state issued non-driver ID required.
- Physical address must be on check.
- No starter checks accepted.
There is a $20.00 Service Charge on all Returned Checks