Welcome! Explore Our Store
Step inside our family store in Kittery, Maine for an outdoor experience on a lot of levels!
OUR MAIN LEVEL
Apparel, Footwear & Accessories • Gifts & Collectibles • Handmade Fudge Shop
Explore casual apparel, accessories & outerwear from well-known outdoor clothing brands such as KUHL • THE NORTH FACE • MARMOT • CARHARTT • UGG • COLUMBIA • HELLY HANSEN • ROYAL ROBBINS • ARBORWEAR • TOAD & CO • WOOLRICH • SMARTWOOL • PRANA • LIFE IS GOOD • PATAGONIA • MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR • CUDDLEDUDS & more.
Whether you’re replacing a well-worn pair of work boots or stepping out on the town, our footwear selection will not disappoint! Browse and try on boots & shoes from BOGS, SOREL, KAMIK, MERRELL, HUNTER, KEEN, CHIPPEWA, CAROLINA, RED WING, UGG, DANSKO, BORN, TAOS, DR. MARTENS, BLUNDSTONE, TOMS, VANS & CLARKS. Our line-up is as diverse & in-depth as the brands we offer.
Located directly off our main lobby, KTP has an eclectic collection of Maine-inspired gifts, souvenirs & specialty items for home & hearth, including gourmet foods made right here in Maine. Indulge in a favorite flavor of handmade fudge or nosh on some freshly roasted nuts in the center of the store.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Seasonal Specialty Sports & Related Apparel
Browse a discriminating collection of active outerwear, skiwear, sportswear, thermals, hats, gloves, mittens & more from CANADA GOOSE, MOOSE KNUCKLES, PARAJUMPERS, BOGNER FIRE & ICE, M.MILLER, ARC’TERYX, ALP N ROCK, OBERMEYER, SPYDER, DALE OF NORWAY & BURTON to name a few. Showcasing traditional handcrafted artistry and modern technology, checkout our selection of ASTIS beaded mittens—simply eye-catching in style & functional by design.
KTP’s staff of avid & experienced winter sports enthusiasts will gladly assist in your selection of alpine & Nordic skis, snowboard, boots & accessories from industry leaders such as ROSSIGNOL, STOCKLI, K2, ATOMIC, NORDICA, BURTON, FISCHER, OAKLEY, GIRO & SEIRUS. New for 2020, we are excited to include BOMBER SKI to our line-up of winter sports equipment. Made in Italy, developed & designed with Bode Miller, each Bomber ski is equipped with an NFC chip which allows the owner to access & store information on his/her personal pair of skis.
Step into a pair of TUBBS or MSR snowshoes for a great cardio workout or head outdoors with the kids for a fun day of sledding, skating & tubing from our inventory of winter recreational gear.
For those not-so-hearty souls looking to go south for the winter, journey in comfort & style with luggage, duffels, backpacks & daypacks from THE NORTH FACE, FJALLRAVEN, OSPREY, EAGLE CREEK & YETI. Pack your gear for the road trip in THULE, YAKIMA or MALONE transport systems.
And your four-legged best friend wants to remind you that it’s not always about you! Whether it’s a YETI dog bowl or RUFFWEAR, KURGO, PLANET DOG treats, toys, beds, leashes & training accessories, keep the licks coming & tails wagging with our wide selection of pet-friendly items for your canine companion.
OUR UPPER LEVEL
Shooting Sports & Related Accessories
For over 80 years, "The Post", as the locals call us, has been a hunting tradition & outdoor destination for the most extensive selection of brand-name shooting sports gear in New England. A visit to The Post BEFORE a hunt would involve stocking up on hunting supplies for the trip, while a visit AFTER the hunt would often involve acquiring gifts & souvenirs to bring home to family & friends. It's a tradition we happily continue to this day.
On our hunter acclaimed upper level, we take pride in offering a tremendous selection of New & Used FIREARMS, Stock & Hard-to-Find AMMUNITION, Riflescopes & Sports OPTICS, Equipment & Components for RELOADING, Portable & Freestanding SAFES, Sport-specific CAMO CLOTHING, Trap, Clay & Target ACCESSORIES, Compound & Recurve BOWS, Hunting & Target ARROWS, Portable & Ladder Style TREESTANDS, Folding & Fixed-Blade KNIVES, Hunting & Recreational Shooting ACCESSORIES.
OUR LOWER LEVEL
Fishing Tackle & Related Accessories
Our entire downstairs level is dedicated to all things fishing! Brand name rods, reels, combos, lines, lures, electronics & tackle accessories for lake, pond, stream, river or big water fishing--even frozen bait for saltwater fishing! Find all the tackle gear & accessories you need to enjoy fishing year-round...winter, spring, summer & fall.
Starting in January and continuing through spring, KTP offers a series of fly tying and ice fishing seminars for hard-core fishing addicts! Visit our events section for details on all our upcoming seminars & events.
No matter the season or reason, count on our staff of fellow outdoor enthusiasts for the resources, knowledge & personal service to make your visit to Kittery and your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
STORE HOURS & AMENITIES
Store Hours -
- Monday-Saturday, 9-9
- Sunday, 10-7
Holiday Hours 2020 -
- New Year's Day, Wed, Jan 1, 2020: 10-6
- Thanksgiving Day, Thu, Nov 26, 2020: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve, Thu, Dec 24, 2020: 9-5
- Christmas Day, Fri, Dec 25, 2020: CLOSED
- New Year's Eve, Thu, Dec 31, 2020: 9-6
- New Year's Day, Fri, Jan 1, 2021: 10-6
Onsite Services Available -
- Picnic Area
- Seasonal Outdoor Eatery: Lobster Pot Menu 2019
- ATM Service
- Outside Dog Kennels: Complimentary
- Maine Hunting Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine Fishing Licenses: Resident & Non-Resident
- Maine ATV & Snowmobile Registration: Resident Renewals & Non-Resident
- Maine Milfoil Sticker: Non-Resident Only
- Bike Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
- Ski Tune-Ups: Fees Apply
Order from our Retail Store -
- Phone: 888-587-6246
- Fax: 207-439-8001
- Mail: Kittery Trading Post, PO Box 904, 301 U.S. Route One, Kittery, ME 03904
- American Express, MasterCard, VISA & Discover cards accepted.
Return Policy -
- Refund form of payment - within 30 days & with sales receipt. (Id required on refunds over $75.00)
- Store credit or exchange - after 30 days or without sales receipt.
- No cash refund on Gift Cards or Credit Bonds
Customer Hold/Deposit Policy -
- Minimum 20% deposit required on items
- 30 day hold period (60 day on Firearms)
- No service/finance charges
- Store credit only on expired or cancelled holds
- Sale/advertised merchandise excluded
Methods of Payment -
- Cash or Travelers Checks
- All Major Credit Cards (American Express,VISA, MasterCard, Discover)
- Canadian Currency accepted at current Exchange Rates
- Personal Checks (see check policy below)
Check Policy -
- Checks must be made out to “Kittery Trading Post”.
- Driver’s license or state issued non-driver ID required.
- Physical address must be on check.
- No starter checks accepted.
There is a $20.00 Service Charge on all Returned Checks