Smith Variance MIPS Snow Helmet - Discontinued Color
Whether cruising down corduroy or exploring the backcountry, the Smith® Variance offers the most advanced technology, all with the guarantee of comfort provided by their premium helmet fit. By fusing Smith's tough bombshell ABS construction with flyweight In-Mold technology, their Hybrid Shell construction optimizes the favorable traits of each material in this revolutionary process.
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is used to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact. Smith helmets are created to absorb direct impacts very efficiently and when combined with MIPS, Smith helmets absorb oblique forces better by allowing a small rotation of the outer shell relative to the liner.
- Lightweight, low profile snow helmet
- MIPS technology: Multi-directional impact protection system
- Hybrid shell construction
- Low-profile regulator adjustable climate control
- 18 vents
- Adjustable fit system offers intuitive dial system for on-the-fly, single-handed micro-adjustment for customized fit
- Snapfit SL2 ear pads provide seal on stormy days (remove ear pads lighter wear and washing)
- Nanosilver performance lining
- AirEvac 2 ventilation drives warm air away from the goggle through external vents and internal channels in the EPS liner
- Removable ultra-light goggle lock
- Audio systems compatible
- Smith Optics® lifetime warranty
|Shell material||Hybrid (ABS & polycarbonate)|
Style Number: SPOH18VCFSLGMIPS, SPOH18VCFSMDMIPS
Every step of the way they strive to push the boundaries of what is possible, integrating performance and style for those seeking both.
Not everything Smith does is for everyone, but those who speak the universal language of genuine stoke know that at Smith They Make the Great Days Better.