NRS Yak Yak Boat Cart
With sand-conquering tires, element-resistant materials and 30% lighter weight than other boat carts, this little powerhouse saves your back.
- Lightweight, anodized aluminum frame
- Rubber wraps around heavy-duty plastic wheel for smooth ride on hard surfaces
- Wheels provide good support on soft surfaces
- Idaho tread pattern gives good grip and leaves distinctive trail
- Bearing-less, smooth-rolling wheels are easily removed
- With wheels removed, cart slips into most kayak hatches
- Corrosion-resistant hardware for dependable durability
- Kickstand holds cart steady while you're loading; flips up out of the way when you're moving
- Cushioning foam pads protect boat's hull
- Two easy to use NRS Loop Straps, with Buckle Bumpers securely anchor boat to cart
- Frame color: Blue
- Wheel dimensions: 3"W x 9" diameter
- Collapsed dimensions: 23" x 10" x 3.5"
- Weight capacity: Up to 150 lbs.
- Weight: 4.4 lbs.
- Suggested use: Canoe, kayak
In the early 70's Bill Parks had two passions: paddling and business. So with $2000 in savings, he started NRS (Northwest River Supplies). As well as an opportunity to provide fellow enthusiasts with products, this gave him the chance to prove his teaching wasn't just talk.
"I first fell in love with whitewater in the 1960's. As a business teacher, it was a natural step to combine my passion for paddling with my "day job": I could test some of my ideas about small business in the real world and go boating at the same time. In 1972, while on the faculty of the University of Oregon, I started NRS with an initial $2000 investment. Thanks to lots of luck and some hard work, NRS (which soon relocated to Moscow, Idaho) grew into a thriving business."
"Today, we are still putting into practice my original, perhaps somewhat naive, belief that a business enterprise can provide purpose and enjoyment in our lives, rather than just a way of making money. At NRS, our purpose is to treat you, the customer, in the way we like to be treated. In many ways the company feels to us like a family, and we hope that you, too, get a bit of this feeling when doing business with us."
"I've always been a budget boater, and NRS was founded to provide quality equipment without wiping out the wallet. We haven't lost that edge, although some people sometimes ask why we don't charge more for our products. The answer is simple: we didn't get into this business to get rich or to satisfy investors - we're here because we love running rivers."
- NRS Founder Bill Parks
See you on the water!
NRS Yak Yak Boat Cart