NRS Vermillion Long-Sleeve Shirt - Discontinued Color
The ultralight NRS® Men's Vermillion keeps you cool and protected for fishing, paddling and rowing in hot and sunny conditions. Quick-drying technical fabric, UPF 30 sun protection and innovative features will make this your go-to shirt. On the water or on the town, the Vermillion shirts give kayak fishermen, guides and other boaters an option designed just for them.
- Highly breathable nylon and polyester blend fabric with mechanical stretch that lets the shirt move with your body
- UPF 30 sun protection means no repeated sunscreen application, and no sunburn, when you're out all day
- Mesh-backed PFD-compatible vents on the chest and back increase ventilation and comfort
- PFD-friendly zip-secured chest pockets hold the small items you want within easy reach
- Articulated sleeves with angled casting cuffs for unrestricted motion
- Buttoning sleeve-keepers to secure rolled-up sleeves
- Relaxed Fit
Style Number: NRS10007.01.100, NRS10007.01.103
In the early 70's Bill Parks had two passions: paddling and business. So with $2000 in savings, he started NRS (Northwest River Supplies). As well as an opportunity to provide fellow enthusiasts with products, this gave him the chance to prove his teaching wasn't just talk.
"I first fell in love with whitewater in the 1960's. As a business teacher, it was a natural step to combine my passion for paddling with my "day job": I could test some of my ideas about small business in the real world and go boating at the same time. In 1972, while on the faculty of the University of Oregon, I started NRS with an initial $2000 investment. Thanks to lots of luck and some hard work, NRS (which soon relocated to Moscow, Idaho) grew into a thriving business."
"Today, we are still putting into practice my original, perhaps somewhat naive, belief that a business enterprise can provide purpose and enjoyment in our lives, rather than just a way of making money. At NRS, our purpose is to treat you, the customer, in the way we like to be treated. In many ways the company feels to us like a family, and we hope that you, too, get a bit of this feeling when doing business with us."
"I've always been a budget boater, and NRS was founded to provide quality equipment without wiping out the wallet. We haven't lost that edge, although some people sometimes ask why we don't charge more for our products. The answer is simple: we didn't get into this business to get rich or to satisfy investors - we're here because we love running rivers."
- NRS Founder Bill Parks
See you on the water!