Nikwax Wool Wash - 10 oz.
This new innovation from Nikwax is a gentle product formulated to clean technical wool base-layers, whilst enhancing wools natural wicking properties.
- Improves wool fibers ability to wick moisture away from the skin
- Enhanced rapid drying and wicking qualities
- Refreshes and removes odors
- Helps maintain softness of your base layer
- Aids wool garment in keeping you cool in warm weather, warm in cold weather, and dry in wet and humid conditions
- Easy to use can be used in a washing machine
- Improves natural qualities that make wool such an attractive fiber for technical apparel
- Reduces friction between fibers, thereby extending the life of your gear
- Water-based - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Ideal for woolen base layers, socks, and Merino wool garments
- Size: 10 fl. oz. (300 mL)
Nikwax® was first produced as a commercial product in a North London flat. In 1977, at 22 years of age, Nick mixed his first order with a discarded tea urn, a Primus stove, a jug and materials bought from a local hardware store. The wax was then poured into tins which he silk screened by hand. Nick sold his products to the outdoor trade. Later he bought an Inter Rail card to introduce his product into Europe. Next he moved to a workshop in Clerkenwell in London and before he knew it, Nick was selling his product to eight countries. The product was a non-softening waterproofing wax for leather boots. It was so effective that it set the standard for a new breed of aftercare products under the Nikwax brand.
As a walker and outdoor enthusiast Nick turned his imaginative mind to walkers' apparel, which, as with the boots, needed to stay waterproof, wind-resistant and comfortable. It was around 1980 that the beginning of Green Thinking, awareness of ozone depletion and the problems relating to aerosols, arose. In 1983, determined to find new, easy and clean ways to waterproof garments, Nick developed an entirely novel approach. Harmful and flammable solvents were replaced with water, and the Nikwax Water-Based Range was created.
Nikwax was the first company in the world to produce a range of water-based products for restoring waterproofing in the home. Not only did the products avoid emitting harmful solvents into the atmosphere, but they were also very easy to use, allowing people to reproof their clothes in a washing machine. The range of Nikwax products has grown to encompass systems for a multitude of uses; from ropes to tents, indeed, almost anything that needed regular help to maintain its resistance to water.
Nikwax Wool Wash - 10 oz.